Solved

Help! The Marketplace app boilerplate code won't compile

• 2 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I’ve tried following the instructions from the Contentstack website to install the Marketplace app boilerplate but the code won’t compile due to dependency issues. it looks like the boilerplate wants react 18 and venus-components 1.0.5 (which itself appears to need react 16 instead) It seems like maybe the devs have left dozens of unnecessary dependencies in the package.json file.

Any ideas of how to get a bare-bones app running?

icon

Best answer by AmitKl 8 November 2022, 05:45

View original

3 replies

Hi @Clement Girault  thanks for raising you concern, can you provide steps to reproduce this issue?
can you also specify node version you are using.
Temporarily, you can try downgrading the react-script version to 4.0.3 and then try to compile it. Let me know if this fix works for you. 

The easiest way to reproduce it is to spin up a Digital Ocean node app pointed to the github repo with the boilerplate code. It will fail to install the app. I have it working now, but only after cloning the venus components node package into a github repo, modifying the package.json file of the venus components, cleaning up the main package.json file and replacing the venus components dependency to my version of the components. Many of the dependencies in your package files appear to be pointing to outdated packages, which is why npm audit shows there are many security issues with your config.

Hi @Clement Girault  thanks for pointing this out we will be fixing outdated packages issue as soon as possible