What step do you think is the most important when it comes to Content Modeling?

Userlevel 4

71 replies

Measure twice, cut once approach :) Before implementing, take a step back and consider the architecture, the relationships and need for your solution.  Preparing your model and confirming with your design and dev team before starting the implementation is crucial for the success of any project.

Badge

As per my opinion, design and wireframe team should be agree on designs for the fields that need to created in content stack first. First will be the details page and then the modules on landing pages fields should be in synchronize before moving to the content stack modeling. 

Badge

Measure twice, cut once approach 🙂 Before implementing, take a step back and consider the architecture, the relationships and need for your solution.  Preparing your model and confirming with your design and dev team before starting the implementation is crucial for the success of any project.

I think product owner should also be in sync before moving ahead. :)

Badge

The requirement analysis is, in my opinion, the most crucial phase. The finest judgments can be made at that moment when you are considering the content as a whole and can avoid having to make any changes afterward. Collaboration with your coworkers and team members is essential to making sure everyone is on board with the suggested structure.

Badge

Content models are an effective way of keeping a multi-disciplined project team aligned in their understanding of structured content. Content modeling is important because it allows strategists and developers to visualize how your content works together. Understanding the purpose and connections between content is vital for keeping your content management system organized.

The most important part of the content modeling process according to me is to discover all the content you use in your organization online, in all channels.

Badge

I think the most important step is to first define and identify the audience you intend to target. Once you understand who your audience is, you can then craft a content model that is tailored to meet their needs, interests, and expectations. This includes understanding their specific goals and challenges, as well as their preferred channels for consuming content.

Badge

Content modeling:  Content modeling is the process of identifying fields for your app or website and creating the structure of the content types, based on the website design.

Badge

In my opinion, analyzing requirements is the most important phase, because its the first thing we have to do. This will be crucial to a good content modeling.

Badge

According to me , The most important step is to define your content types and fields inside content-type according to  your requirement.

Badge

The most important step during Content Modelling is analyzing, designing, and mapping the requirements of the web page. It can either make or break the entire game.

Badge

the main thing that comes to mind is the wireframe and design, the types of models and fields are needs for the particular webpage/ application.

Badge

In my opinion the most important step is to analyze the requirements in detail and make all the necessary changes before starting the modelling, as if we decide to make changes after, it will affect the implementation later. All the details should be discussed to prevent future errors.

Badge

When I am creating a content model first I have choose a particular name with unique ID(UID).
We have to make sure if it is a single entry then I have to select single for multiple it will multiple.
Display text should be meaning full so that the content editor can understand perfectly. We can use placeholder and help text also for better UX. 
It would be better if we make a rough model to our notepad and follow that model in ContentStack Content Model.  That can better otherwise some time we can forget to add something so that case we have edit it. because update or removal of fields can loose our data. 

Badge

Analyzing the requirements as everyone pointed out, but especially in terms of future proofing your model. Also keep in mind Contentstack restrictions and limits. Choose the most flexible approach which is also feasible for your editors. Be aware that changing field specifications can delete all content so be thorough. Find common fields and make them global. Agree on a naming scheme.

Badge

In my opinion, requirements analysis is the most important step in content modelling, as it forms the basis for the content structure. It is important to do page tackling at the earliest stage to get an idea of every single field that needs to be part of the structure. Every detail, no matter how small, should be discussed at this stage to avoid mistakes in the future.

Badge

In my opinion, the most important step is the initial analysis and planning phase. During this phase, you should carefully analyze the content that you have, determine the content you need, and plan how that content will be organized and structured.

This step is critical because it sets the foundation for the rest of the content modeling process. If the initial analysis and planning is not done well, it can result in a disorganized and confusing content system that is difficult to navigate and maintain. On the other hand, if this step is done well, it can lead to a content model that is easy to understand, use, and update over time.

Badge

Collaborating with the design team and business team before finalising the content models seem to be the most important step as all need to agree on the decision so no further changes are needed in the future.

Badge

I personally agree with the consensus here that the most important step is the investigation and analysis of the content requirements from the wireframes to the stake holder conversations, that will inform the content modelling.

Badge

From my point of view the most important step is "Analyzing requirements". We need to do it very thoroughly and carefully. It is very important to predict the main use cases and, based on them, determine the necessary structure of the content module. The better we analyzed in the beginning, the less changes we need in the future.

Badge

First and most important step, before starting developing Content model - agree with client and designer which content types is needed and how it will be used. Also need to get information about localisation and user roles.

The reference feature Rocks!!!